Muzzily Muddled

The life and times of a 30-something recent law school graduate trying to understand the past, figure out the future and scrape through the present in one piece.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Who loves her hubby and the external flash he bought her for Christmas?

OMG.  Seriously.  How on earth have I been taking pictures of my son for the past 8 1/2 months without an external flash?!?!  Why oh why did not someone inform me of my foolishness?  I have no idea what I'm doing with this thing yet, but my fantastic, amazing, fabulous hubster got me an external flash for Christmas.  And it is AWESOME.
(For anyone reading this who happens to be a photography luddite, whether intentionally or, like me, inadvertently, here is the little that I know.  I have a wiggly baby, which means I need to use a camera setting that requires a lot of light so I can capture his movements without everything being a big blur.  I have crappy indoor lighting, and hate the look of my camera's flash.  But it was a necessary evil, until now!  Check out these two pics of Belle, one with the camera's flash, and one with the external flash.  And if you want to know more, don't ask me.  I'm really a photography idiot.  If I said something stupid just now and you know better, well, I'll leave it up to you if you want to inform me of my error. :) 
Belle with camera flash:
Belle with the fancy new external flash that the hubster bought me and I don't yet really know how to use:
End of semi-instructional parenthetical.) 
Sadly, for the very first time in my entire life I was content to wait to open my presents, and didn't open this one up until we got home Christmas night, after I had been taking pictures all day long.  But I took about a gazillion pics today, including a couple of Jonathan opening the last of his presents.

A. How did I get such an awesome husband?
B. How did I get such an adorable kid?
C. How did I live without this flash?
D. Is there anything else painfully obvious that I should have or know about with respect to capturing the adorableness that is my child?

Photobomb.  Go.


 


















No comments:

Post a Comment