Muzzily Muddled

The life and times of a 30-something recent law school graduate trying to understand the past, figure out the future and scrape through the present in one piece.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Baby update

Today I am 36 weeks and 3 days pregnant, and baby is doing great!!

He's been a bit on the small side since our very first ultrasound at less than 6 weeks, so it didn't surprise me at all when he was in the 25th percentile for weight when we had our 20 week scan.  But when we went back for a 32 week checkup and he was in the 16th percentile, my previous doctor got a bit concerned and started talking about induction.  (Grr.)  My new/current doctor wasn't worried because he was still within all the normal parameters for growth, even though he was on the smaller side.  Well, I had a 36 week scan today, and baby is in the 38th percentile!  Yay!!  He is measuring 6lb 2oz as of today.  Hehe, I feel like he just got his first report card with all A's.  Couldn't be prouder.  :)

Baby also had his first NST (fetal non-stress test) today and passed with flying colors.  My blood pressure was only 120/68, so both of us are perfectly healthy.  Can't ask for more than that!!

Here's hoping the next few weeks bring more of the same and this little baby is allowed to make his appearance into the world in his own time in a healthy manner.  I know the hubster and I are both anxious to get to meet him, but I'd rather he find his own time to come than that he need to be induced or delivered via c-section for some medically necessary reason.  I know things can change quickly, but as of right now everything is looking good!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad he's thriving and doing well. You're getting so close! Over 6 lbs already! Wow! I can't wait to see you and baby J (in bump form) tomorrow! Mac and I are so excited about our lunch!

    ReplyDelete