Muzzily Muddled

The life and times of a 30-something recent law school graduate trying to understand the past, figure out the future and scrape through the present in one piece.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

39 weeks

So close!  And yet so far.  :)  Here was my 39 week pic from yesterday:


So I'm technically due next Saturday.  (Due dates are at 40 weeks gestation, for those who aren't overly-informed about all things pregnancy/baby.)  While I have not done any kind of poll or pool to see what other people think, if I had to pick a day, I'd guess that he's going to come at 41 weeks and 2 days, which would be 4/9/12.  I'll gladly be wrong if he comes earlier than that, not so gladly if he comes later.

I'm not sure that I've mentioned this here, but I am fervently hoping for a med-free, intervention-free birth.  Of course I won't do anything that will jeopardize the baby's health, but if he and I continue to be healthy, I'd like him to come in his own time and with as natural of an experience as possible.  (Yes, I will be giving birth in a hospital, but otherwise I hope it will be without interventions/meds.)

Maybe it's because we needed medical intervention to become pregnant, or maybe it's because I'm a bit crunchy at heart, or maybe it's because I have a penchant for historical stuff and I want to emulate the millions and millions of women who gave birth naturally over thousands and thousands of years before the modern era.  I don't know.  Whatever the reason, it's what I want to do.  If it doesn't happen, it's not the end of the world! I"m just excited to meet this guy.  :)  But, the later he waits to make his appearance, the more likely we'll need some kind of intervention to force the situation.  So please keep us in your thoughts that he doesn't wait too long.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck, love. I hope your birth experience is exactly like you want it to be. You're a better (stonger) woman than me - I'm saying YES to all drugs. :) I can't wait to hear all about how baby enters the world and I absolutely cannot wait to meet your little guy! My fingers are crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete